| Professor Dr.
Profile and professional career
- Director of Institutional Relations the UNESCO Chair in Tourism Planning and Sustainable Development ULPGC
- Director of Marketing Research of the Institute of Tourism and Sustainable Economic Development (TIDES) of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (fourth place in the ranking of tourism research in Europe).
- In his professional career he has worked in the Hilton group in Germany and in the quality and process department of the TUI group in Spain, as well as in the World Tourism Research Center (UoC – Canada).
- His career has led him to write more than twenty books and 35 articles in international journals (Annals of Tourism Research, Tourism Management, Journal of Travel Research, International Journal of Tourism Research, Journal of Vacation Marketing, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research , International Journal of Hospitality and Leisure Marketing, Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, Tourism Economics, etc.) as well as to be invited to conduct seminars and conferences at different universities, agencies and companies in more than thirty countries around the world.
- Dr. Sergio Moreno is a specialist in tourist marketing and dynamization of destinations.
- Projects of strategic plans, marketing plans, dynamization plans, image improvement and tourism dynamism. He has participated in projects in countries such as Canada, Guatemala, Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Senegal, Cape Verde, Italy, Spain,
- Research projects and tourism promotion and seminars funded by the European Commission, Government of Spain, Government of Italy, Government of Guinea Bissau, Agencies of International Cooperation, UNESCO, Ibero-American Development Bank, World Wild Fund – WWF, La Caixa, Banco Santander, Grupo TUI, Tourism of Istria (Coracia), Sol Melia, etc.
- Lectures at the International Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism (AIES), Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA), CAUTHE, EMAC, Spanish Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism, etc.
- Consultative member of different associations, editorial committees and reviewers, and tables and committees of tourist experts, as well as expert evaluator and reporteur for projects of the European Union.